During 22-26 of March 20 members of Finnish Nuclear Society Young Generation (ATS YG) visited Leningrad NPP and St. Petersburg. There were representatives from utilities, universities and other organization of Finnish nuclear industry.
The schedule was tight. There was two days full of technical program + one day of cultural activities.
- Technical tour on construction site for Leningrad Nuclear Power Plant II, VVER-1200 type
- Technical tour on Leningrad NPP with 4 nuclear reactors of the RBMK-1000 type
- Seminar, technical tour on complex simulation suite “Virtual unit of NPP”
- Sharing session of Finnish and Russian YG practices
- Networking dinner sponsored by Fennovoima
- Quest game “Unbelievable Adventures of Finns in Russia” including extensive tour in the beautiful city of Saint Petersburg
Operator in action in the control room of Leningrad-1 NPP
Rector hall of Leningrad-1 RBMK-1000 type reactor
Getting to know the complex simulation suite “Virtual unit of NPP” - this set of equipment is run by supercomputer with 4000 processors
Sharing session of Finnish and Russian YG practices and activities
Big big thank you to our Russian colleagues from Atomproekt Youth Society for organizing such a great event for Finnish Nuclear Society Young Generation. The whole event was very well organized to a great detail and everything run smoothly like a Swiss watch. Thank you!
From Finland with love!