New opportunities for innovoation in nuclear!
“If someday they say of me that in my work I have contributed something to the welfare and happiness of my fellow man, then I shall be satisfied”
– George Westinghouse
Renowned engineer and innovator George Westinghouse sought to change the world for the better, and he wanted those with similar mindsets to work alongside him. Now, we want you to collaborate with us at WeLink – Westinghouse's new innovation accelerator.
WeLink enables and empowers innovators to develop the next nuclear technologies to allow safer, cleaner and more reliable nuclear applications for more people and a better planet.
WeLink will run two application intakes per year in selected technical areas. Focus areas in Sprint #2 are:
- Technologies for Integration of Nuclear and Renewables
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine-Learning Technologies
- Virtual- and Augmented-Reality Technologies for Industrial Applications
- Remote and Autonomous Drones and Rovers for Interior and Exterior Applications in GPS-Denied Hazardous
- Cybersecurity and Behavior-Based Detection
- Disposal Technologies for Radioactive Waste
- Spent Fuel Applications
2017 INTAKE - SPRINT#2 TIMELINE:
- Applications open: September 12, 2017
- Applications close: November 14, 2017
- Pitch Day: December 11, 2017
- Program begins: February 1, 2018